Every year, thousands of workers are injured on the job. While some of these injuries are minor and associated with speedy recoveries, there are others that are serious and life-threatening. Reducing the occurrence of workplace injuries is the main objective of U.S. safety and health professionals.
The following are five helpful tips to create a safe working environment and assist with injury prevention:
- Ensure workers wear personal protective equipment. Protective gear, including safety goggles, full-face masks, gloves, earplugs, and earmuffs can drastically reduce the risk of injury, if worn correctly.
- Understand the hazards on the job. In order to reduce the risk of workplace injuries or illnesses, you must be aware of the present hazards at your work. A workplace analysis is an assessment of your operations, procedures, processes, physical environment, and individual workstations – in order to identify the hazards in your workplace.
- Avoid taking shortcuts. Accidents occur when employees cut corners to complete a job ahead of schedule. Ensure all instructions are clear and organized to prevent missteps in the workplace.
- Use safe lifting techniques. Whenever you pick up and carry heavy loads, always keep your head up, your back straight, and uses your legs when bending down.
- Incorporate a safety and wellness plan. An effective accident prevention and wellness program is the foundation for a safe work environment. The program needs to cover every level or employee safety and health with the encouragement to report hazardous practices or behaviors.
When you have suffered physical or emotional harm on the job, you deserve financial compensation for these injuries. The dedicated team of legal professionals at Welebir | Tierney in San Bernardino believe that you need to be protected when you are making a living for yourself and your family.
If you sustained an injury at work in CA, contact us and schedule a free consultation today.