Does your job come with the risk of injury to yourself or others? Do you think your job is tough? Does your job make you want to soak in a hot tub? Do you ever say the word, “timber” during the day?
Regardless of what your occupation is, chances are you may be at risk of sustaining some type of injury throughout the course of doing your job. Even an officer worker can suffer stress.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 4,383 fatal work injuries in the United States last year, down from almost 4,693 in 2011.
People in certain professions are more at risk of sustaining injuries or losing their lives while performing their job duties.
The following are the most dangerous professions in the United States, with the fatality rate, based on the number of those who died per 100,000 full-time workers and the actual deaths in 2012.
- Logging workers – rate: 127.8; actual deaths: 62
- Fishing-related workers – rate: 117; actual deaths: 32
- Aircraft pilots/flight engineers – rate: 53.4; actual deaths 71
- Roofers – rate: 40.5; actual deaths: 70
- Structural iron and steel workers – rate: 37; actual deaths: 22
- Refuse collectors – rate: 27.1; actual deaths: 26
- Electrical power-line installers and repairers – rate: 23; actual deaths: 26
- Drivers – rate: 22.1; actual deaths: 741
- Construction laborers – rate: 17.4; actual deaths: 210
In addition, the most dangerous job for a government employee, according to Federal Times, is a postal worker. The report showed that out of 54 federal workers killed on the job in 2012, 18 were postal workers.
If you have been injured while on the job, you may wonder whether your claim is covered by worker’s compensation or if you will have to file a lawsuit against your employer to receive financial compensation for your injuries. To understand more on the process you will undergo get legal advice, and aggressive representation to ensure you wont be taken advantage of.
It is important to contact an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney at the law offices of Welebir Law who will make every effort to help you receive the financial compensation you deserve.