Due to the tremendous size and heavy weights, trucks can cause serious damage and death, should they be involved in an accident.
The traffic on California freeways is overwhelming due to the goods being transported all over the state and out of state. Statistics show:
- There are more than 15 million trucks on roads all over the country – nearly 13 percent are semi big-rigs, 18 wheelers and tractor-trailers
- About 98 percent of all semi accidents result in at least one fatality
- A fully loaded semi-truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds
- About 90 percent of commercial truck accidents are caused by human error
- Driver fatigue is usually responsible for about 30 percent of all commercial truck accidents
- Approximately a half million trucking accidents take place every year in this country
- Truck accidents cause about 5,000 deaths each year
Reports of accidents involving Big Rigs on the Interstate come daily, incidents that leave severe injuries with life changing consequences, for example:
The accident involving 5 commercial trucks which blocked all lanes – making the freeway a virtual parking lot. Reports indicate that the driver of a discount-store cargo rig encountered non-moving traffic at a certain point and was unable to stop in time to avoid a crash.
The driver crashed into the back of a propane tanker causing a chain reaction. The tanker crashed into a flatbed and two other trucks that were in line to enter a commercial scale facility. Before long the freeway had spilled fuel and other debris all over it.
One of the involved drivers was taken to a nearby hospital with cuts to his head. The drivers were very lucky because truck accidents have been known to cause catastrophic injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious or any type of injuries in a commercial trucking accident, you need the help of a San Bernardino Personal Injury attorney to protect your rights and interests.
Call the law offices of Welebir Law A Professional Law Corporation, experienced in Trucking Accidents, Multiple Car Collisions, and more, with 40 years of practicing personal injury and accident law, we will aggressively represent you, and ensure that you are compensated for your injuries, medical bills are covered, call one of our attorneys we can discuss your case, we are here to help you every step of the way.