Did you know that in 2010 there was over 4,000 pedestrian were killed all in traffic crashes in the U.S, and another 70,000 were severely injured.
So who’s most at risk?
- The elderly 65 years and older account for an estimated 19% of reported pedestrian deaths, and an estimated 11% are reported injured.
- One in every five children ages ranging from 5 to 9 years old are killed in traffic crashes as pedestrians.
- Driver and pedestrians who were alcohol impaired
Driving at high speeds increase the chance a pedestrian will be struck my a car. also most pedestrian death occur in urban areas, non-intersection locations, and at night.
What can be done to prevent Pedestrian Accidents:
- Increase your visibility at night by having a flashlight at night when you walk.
- You can wear clothing that has reflectors.
- Always cross at all designated crosswalks.
- and if you must walk on the street instead of the sidewalk it is recommended you walk facing traffic.
In the event you or a loved one are involved in a traffic crash, and now are suffering severe injuries or the loss of a family member, you may be entitled to compensation. for more information about pedestrian accident claims or wrongful death cases speak to an experienced personal injury and accident attorney. Understanding the law and your rights is the first step to a successful case result.
The Law offices of Welebir | Tierney Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers, we know the law and have all the tools to provide you with all your options, giving you control of how you want us to represent your case.